What could be more relaxing than a vacation at the beach? Sounds, great doesn’t it? But if you don’t go prepared, your vacation could turn into disaster!
Among the many things to consider for your beach vacation is the time of year and the particular beach you want to go to. In the spring time, you might think the beach will be empty, but the time between March and May signifies Spring Break and you could find your peaceful paradise overrun with rowdy teenagers! Some of the lesser known beaches will be less crowded, but you may not have easy access to stores so you best be sure you pack everything you need for your day in the sun.
Here’s a list of 9 essential items you might need to make your beach vacation stress free and fun. Remember to make a list of all your beach essentials well ahead of time to make sure you pack everything because going on vacation and realizing that you have forgotten something is really the pits!
1. Toys – These are essential if you have kids and even if you don’t, you might want to bring along something to amuse yourself with. Don’t forget some neat sand castle building toys as well as a beach friendly game or two.
2. Towels. It might seem obvious, but many a beach-goer has forgotten a simple towel and turned the day into a total bust! Of course, they are essential to dry off with as well as mark your spot on the beach.
3. Snacks. If your favorite beach doesn’t have a snack bar or you want to save some money, you’ll need to bring snacks and plenty to drink. Don’t forget a cooler to keep drinks cold. Some favorite beach treats include grapes, cheese and crackers, spring water, pre made sandwiches and animal crackers in individual boxes.
4. Lip balm and sun screen. These two things are critical no matter how tanned you already are. The sea air alone can dry your lips but combined with the sun it can really cause some discomfort. A good quality sunscreen of SPF 30 or above is recommended to protect your skin against the damaging effects of the sun.
5. Sunglasses. Protect your eyes, see better and look great all at the same time!
6. Beach chair or beach blanket. You’ll be spending a lot of time sitting on the beach on your vacation so you need a comfortable chair, or a large blanket if you prefer to get right down into the sand. Make sure you bring enough chairs or a blanket large enough for everyone in your party.
7. A Hat. The sun can be so strong and glare from the water can cause a lot of squinting, but you can eliminate most of that with a good hat. A hat will also help keep the sun off your face which can help prevent sunburn.
8. Beach Umbrella. These are great for creating your own shady spot that can be a refuge from the hot sun and is particularly important if you have young children with you. If you don’t have your own, you can rent them at many beaches. Make sure you secure it in the sand properly so that it does not blow down the beach in the wind.
9. Life jackets and swimming aids. If you have small children, these are essential!
Whether you are going to the beach for a day or a two week vacation, taking along these essential items will make your stay much more enjoyable!
Source by Lee Dobbins